Monday, December 13, 2010

Altering Sweater Finds

Tis the season-for sweaters!

The blue 100% silk sweater ($2.48 at my favorite thrift store) used to be a turtleneck. Now it is a crew neck, very wearable. It was easy to cut off the offending neck and sew with matching thread.

I tried Day 13 from this blog inspiration, and Suzanna liked it! Take a white/off white sweater and sew couplets of lace on the shoulders. This is my favorite alteration, so far.


Imagine this without the silver turtleneck (the bottom half of the silver sweater turned into a bolero for a dance jacket---must get a picture of that on the beautiful model to show you!

I tried Day 15 with a nice ocher polar fleece sewn to the hem and neck of a yellow bolero and left longer piece to wrap around neck-super cute-and then made another ochre scarf, loving the organic leaf-look.

5 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

It a great talent to be able to see possibilities.

landbeck said...

I love love the things you can do. Love that you can, and they we are so enriched by your talent and aesthetic eye.

Anonymous said...

You are so talented. Thank you so much for your comments on my written whims. It touches me to think that I am helping someone in any way.

I have to remember...none of us are alone.

kim said...

Wow- I feel inspired to stop at Goodwill soon. Where's your favorite thrift store- or would you rather not divulge that secret? :)

Jennilyn said...

Favorite thrift store locally: route 40 "Edgewood Thrift" between 152 and route 24, south side, old bowling alley. They have half price on 2 different colored tags weekly, so shop for the tags. Half of $2.48 is marvelous! Whereas Goodwill sweaters are one consistent (high) price, unless you go on last Saturday of month for super Saturday 50% off sale. Check it out! You never know what you will find, and it is like a treasure hunt!