Major life-changing going on here.
I belong to a church with a lay ministry, all volunteer work. Nobody gets paid for what we are asked to do.
I am thankful for the amazing leadership we have and the dedication of so many teachers that have helped my family learn and live the Gospel.
I grew up with parents who were good examples of saying "YES!" to church callings to serve.
I want to be that kind of parent, and teach my children what it means to serve others with a happy heart.
We love those we serve.
I've felt for several years that I would love LOVE love to teach Daily Seminary (Formerly Early-Morning Seminary) =gospel study for the youth, ages 14-18, high school years. And I've been asked to do it. Three of our children will be attending! Convenient for them.
Our home is close to the high school, an easy walk.
Contemplating the number of students has made us re-think some of the room-usage here.
The dark scary basement is now bright and sunny. Even without lights!
I want the kids to feel welcomed. Comfortable.
As we study the Book of Mormon this year, I want them to feel the Spirit testifying of truth. I want them to know truth, and make good choices to follow the prophets, ancient and modern.
Everytime they leave, I hope they read the stairs, think of the virtues we want them to live by.
I am grateful. And I need to be smart about bedtime, so I can wake up before they come down the stairs, ready to learn!
5 comments:
LOVE your stairs!!! Everything looks great.
The basement looks great! Ev looked at the pictures and said, "That's MY home."
What a wonderful, loveing place these kids will be able to come to! They are some very lucky kids.
WOW! Your'e amazing!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment