Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baggy Talk

I have a love it-hate it relationship with purses. They are either too small (can't fit a book in) or TOO BIG (heavy, awkward) or handle is too short, or too long, or cuts into my shoulder. I don't have enough hands to carry a hand-bag. And backpacks can be too bulky, or those promotional-cheap ones the strings hurt when the bag gets too full...

At earth day or arbor day field trip with Sam a few months ago we saw the recycled-upcycled (what is the difference?) t-shirt bags (the link of leetha's chops off more of the arm, loses that reinforced shoulder and she drawstrings closed the bottom so no sewing).

What I did: sew the bottom of the shirt closed, cut off tips of sleeves (leaving the reinforced shoulder seam for durability)and scoop out the neck symmetrically with front/back, and you have a lightweight, stretchy-expanding, COMFORTABLE bag!


2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Great idea. I'm wondering if people here could make them and sell them to tourists who wouldn't buy an island T-shirt to wear, but like the idea of having an island bag.

Deb said...

I like this idea too!