"Greetings,
I have had such a fun week setting up the
Tomorrow, Saturday, March 10, the exhibit opens. From two until four PM we will have an artists reception. You are invited to bring your family or friends and come. It will be fun to see all of the wonderful items and to rub shoulders with other fiber artists. Please come!
Unfortunately, with an exhibit such as this, there is only so much space. We have tried to show as much as possible without creating chaos...."
WHAT? Oopps?
No room? Isn't that the point of a juried show? It didn't say, bring all your stuff and we will see in person what we want to hang up for the show.
My early bragging was in vain. I've been asked to pick up my quilts. The congratulatory letter of acceptance was a lie. I am feeling cheated, hurt, and embarassed that I publically mentioned this show.
I will NOT be attending the reception, but licking my wounded artist-ego and finishing up another commissioned quilt at home.
6 comments:
That is disappointing. It doesn't sound very well organized and how inconvenient to have had to take your quilts there and pick them up, all for nothing. Their loss!
You have every right to be angry and disappointed! I'm angry for you! And don't be embarrassed. It's their loss and fault.
It sounds as if they haven't done something like this before. That is not how shows are run!
How sad that they won't have your art work for everyone to see! I'm so sorry to hear about this as I know exactly how excited you were. (((hugs)))
we are disappointed and sad to hear this news, but still look forward to seeing these new quilts at our next opportunity. Love You!
That happened to me once at a Visitor's Center show. They didn't even tell me that it wasn't going to be hung, I just didn't see it hanging and asked where it was. It was in a closet...
I think it would benefit everyone who participates in shows there if you (and I) were to write a letter to them. That shouldn't happen and that IS the purpose of juried shows.
Wow- and not a good "wow".
I agree with Jennifer. A nicely worded letter to explain the definition of "juried" show is definitely called for. If they want to have an open show and hang only what they have room for, that's fine, but don't call it "juried". You shouldn't feel bad- you had every right to be excited. They totally misrepresented themselves.
Post a Comment