If you missed it, last week was National Watermelon Day, and Mustard Day, Wiggle Your Toes Day, and Leave Zuccinni on Neighbor's Porch Day. This Saturday is National S'more Day!
My favorite garden I discovered on my 6 am walks--get rid of ugly foundation bush plantings and put in FLOWERS! (John pulled out a bush for me while I was gone babysitting.)
Painting makes me happy! You should not leave me alone in your house for more than a couple of days without knowing I WILL FIND YOUR HIDDEN PAINTBRUSHES! (Never did find tarps, so I painted everything by brush to avoid rolling splatter.)
And I will find fun fabric inspiration in your in-plain-sight fabric stash (I promise I didn't dig or disturb anything else fabric-quilt-wise...)
And maybe paint your ugly (I don't feel bad saying that, because I KNOW you would have agreed they were very, very ugly) washing room cabinets...
And play with scissors (black out curtain fabric seen in daytime, makes a HUGE difference blocking out hot sun!) and exacto knife. (There is that great ochre fabric again, sewn as a header so 1 yard of black-out stuff would cover a window.)
And love your children with lots of hugs and try to turn every day into a party to celebrate something!
6 comments:
Cool! Want to babysit my kids next?
That was our once-a-year babysitting effort. The rest of the summer is all about getting ready for seminary!
We are taking bookings for next summer, though.
Both Mariel and Owen would love to have Jennilyn paint their rooms. Maybe next summer?!?
I think you are going to have a long list of babysitting bookings after this post! Beautiful work!
She is not just a great painter. There was organizing, decluttering, planting lonely flowers still in the store's plastic pots. Thankful for you!
I like your fun celebrations! And fun painting!
Post a Comment