Saturday, October 6, 2012

40 Day Fast

The missionaries were quick to clarify: not 40 days of fasting in a row for one person, but consequitive days, like a relay race, taking turns as families for the next 40 days (Oct-10th November) to fast and pray for missionary experiences.

I gave the closing prayer last Sunday in Church, asking for us as a congregation to recognize the missionary experiences when they come, and be brave and act on them.
Meet our friend, Rabia. She stopped the missionaries in the street and told them she wants to become a Christian. I have taught her with the sister missionaries twice, and yesterday my visiting teacher and I went to pick apples with her! She had never seen a cow this close, never picked apples...The hot peppers her husband likes were 25 cents for a big bagful. These are the big mitsu apples from PA. I made pie last night--the apples are so huge it doesn't take very many.
She has given up smoking, continues to learn from the missionaries, and has her baptism scheduled for later this month.

Trying Alton Brown's crock pot lasagna recipe during General Conference.


No comments: