Friday, June 7, 2013

School Mural

"Before" pictures are important, to give you an idea of the dramatic change a mural can make...
Kind of cute, not very scary.
It was an early dismissal day for elementary students, so I didn't have the traffic flow through the lobby.  Except for curious teachers coming to admire my progress and comment.  I had a grimmace smile going, trying to not mind the interruptions and be pleasant.  Sometimes I hear someone has said something to me but it doesn't register or connect with my mouth to be social back in time.  Painting changes time, changes how I listen to people.  Hard to start talking when working intensely.  I started at 1:30, left the school at 6:30 pm, after applying 2 coats of sealer.  (Read my Ender's lost years book and ate cheesecake while I waited for coats to dry.) 
Most time consuming was prepping the wall that had been destroyed by duct tape. Not a plesant thing to discover sticky residue, paint pulled from wall in spots, down to wallboard cardboard unprimed yucky.

My favorite part:  on the far left are front paw prints, BIG, bigger than my hands-silly.  THAT would be a squirrel to fear!

5 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

People have no idea how much work it takes.

Deb said...

It looks eye-catching and great. The before and after definitely show dramatic improvement.

Emmalyn said...

Love it! Small details make great impact. And paw prints are fantastic.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

It looks great! I'm glad you remembered to take before Picts! Sometimes I forget.

BobandLu said...

Went to our art festival last week & I told the kids I didn't really appreciate clay art until I tried to work with clay. Before and after encourages appreciation too! Good job!