This beautiful crocheted pink baby girl dress is hanging in Aunt Betty's home. She said Mom had one, too, once, but it disappeared. I love finding things my ancestors made, things that have survived this mortal world, beautifully crafted, lovingly made and given away...
This quilt is hanging in sister Deborah's home. I put the top together out of a quilt guild exchange while I was down in Ocean City while John was at a work conference there. Packed my machine in the car, sewed in the hotel room.
I've been thinking about the drive/need/talent to create. As busy as some people are, they do it anyway. I love chunks of time, non-stressed days to do things with a luxurious-non-deadline way.
One of my favorite Utah artists, Minerva Teichert, raised a family while painting and illustrating true stories. (link is to a Women of Faith film actress portraying MT).
Minerva created with the time she carved out of living life of a mom. She is one of my heroes!
2 comments:
I love walking around and seeing her work! Very distinct and beautiful people.
I am so glad for the immense appreciation of art I have because of your influence!
She is an amazing woman! It really is interesting what some women manage to create with the little bits of time they are given. It inspires me to do more!
Post a Comment