Thursday, December 26, 2013

Grandma Lucy Necklace & Kathy's Wedding Reception banners turned QUILT!

My Grandma Lucy loved jewelry.  Fun costume pretties.  Before she passes away she had labeled a lot of it with granddaughter's names, and then when Grandpa Jack died we went through everything dividing up the rest, taking turns.  I came home with several broken necklaces, pretty beads, but missing clasps, and one choker was too small for my neck, so I combined the beads...
...and made my daughters Grandma Lucy necklaces, using 26 gauge wire crocheted to hold the beads.

Fuzzy picture proof of delivery.
Emma & Dean's gift is a picnic blanket--with handle sewn into binding and a button closure.
Emma's mother-by-marriage made beautiful banners for their CA reception, perfect triangles zig-zag cut.
I auditioned a couple of different layouts...
And ended up deciding on an IKEA upholstery green fabric for the backing and a little on the front.
Ready for a picnic with a romantic wedding reminder!
 

2 comments:

Deb said...

Wonderful gifts and great ideas. I'm sure they love them. I love that they are meaningful too.

Emmalyn said...

We have LOVED being here!

Happy Happy to be home. Good pictures. Cute necklaces and excited to use our picnic blanket! I really like the green.