Where I grew up, this was a GERMAN pancake. If you poured all the batter into a buttery pan and stuck it in the oven=German.
Swedish pancakes=crepes, thin circular.
Every Friday is breakfast after seminary class. One student's mom dropped this off, and he called it a "Hootenay" Pancake. Almost sounds like hip-hip-hooray pancake.
General Conference weekends mean malt-o-meal hot with vanilla ice cream, eat while watching am conference while I was growing up. Since the sessions start at LUNCH time here it is less brunch more real lunch!
When our men went off to the Church for pizza potluck before the Priesthood session, Roxie and I jumped in the monster van and roared up to Rita's for frozen custard and Italian ice wonderfulness! Wind was whipping her long hair all around and we were shivering all the way home, but happy for yummy food traditions!
5 comments:
Pancakes sound good. Maybe for breakfast tomorrow. Ken watched the Priesthood meeting with me on KBYUTV tonight. He misses his sons.
That pancake looks a little like a couch. A yummy couch.
We don't really have breakfast food traditions for Conference morning anymore. It's a fun idea. We wake up at such different times and I get hungry early. Traditions are important!
I made something very similar on Saturday morning (puffy pancake). So good!
Love celebrating with food!
May your pots and pans always be filled with delisciousness!
Post a Comment