Sunday, May 11, 2014

Moms R Us

These are from Mother's Day 11 years ago.  It must have been really bright and sunny out, hard for the kids to keep their eyes open.

And their heads up and turned the right way (love Emma's hands on Roxie's head!)
I got teary finding these old Mother's Day photos.  This is what it is like, in the trenches!  
I think of my daughters and wonder what they think it is like being a mom. 
Being the oldest in a big family gives you lots of chances to feel the frustrations of being a mom without the benefits of having a husband to help and the joy of seeing your children grow, learn, and love you back!
(yesterday at DC Temple with Suzanna)

I want my daughters to look forward to motherhood.  Not to feel rushed, but positive about the potential, possibilities, and the promises.
(Flour Baby Mahonri was a lot of work and good practice for Roxie, but real babies are more rewarding, more work, but easier to love as you serve them.)
 (Fairy Festival in Darlington yesterday!).







4 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Wonderful changes and growth.

Emmalyn said...

I am amazed at how you can see each of our very different and unique personalities in these pictures. The squinting and the smiles/grimaces. I am so grateful to be your daughter and for all the opportunities I've had to learn from you, your talents, and your amazing example. You have amazing children who love you very much.

Deb said...

It is amazing how quickly children grow up!

landbeck said...

It's weird for me to look at that picture and imagine that half a generation has passed. Emma is an adult now. Roxie Jane is the age now that Emma was in that photo. The years just flow away...