For years he has had right shoulder pain, problems reaching overhead, behind. Problems putting his arm around my shoulders... Nor could he fold his arms comfortably. He has tried cortisone shots, months of PT exercises, oral steroids for the inflammation, and finally the doctor sent him for a MRI and suggested manipulation to un-crack it...Something they couldn't do while he was awake. He needed to be relaxed and unconscious, not fighting back...
After not eating breakfast, 5 minutes of anesthesia, and an hour recovery he can now fold his arms. I opted out of watching the surgeon un-freeze his shoulder. John's elbow was a little sore, and he has a week of PT to do, but pain-free miracle.
4 comments:
Good news! Didn't know this was a problem. Horray for doctors!
This is strange, but good to hear. I think of the times when he has "miraculously" put a kid's elbow back in place by some trick of turning their thumb out and lowering their arm...ironic that a short procedure would help his shoulder. John...you've got to learn this new trick!
Wow. That is amazing. There are things I really love about modern medical knowledge. I'm happy for John.
WHOO!
Post a Comment