Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Summer is Over; Back to School/Work

Roxie is doing well in school.  She is taller than most of the students in her school...
Here is Sam at scout camp from this summer, pictures displayed on Church bulletin board.
I am a big fan of big computer screens, love the multiple screen set-up.  I find great pleasure in changing the wallpaper of offices set on the default.  This is one of my favorites.  I left a note for the regular branch office assistant (I was on-call, filling in for her vacation) on how to switch it back.  So it is not a real prank if you can fix it.  Just a decorating suggestion!
THIS is an example of the dedicated cars I have seen.  Is it just an East Coast thing?  I edited out his name and birth months.

My plan for making the stenciled t-shirts with Max's face and "DEFIANCE" are my version of public mourning, I guess.  A couple of weeks ago John and I drove down to the tracks, the closest we could get to where the police report indicate where Max died.  We are still waiting on the toxicology report.  Still waiting to get the final word.  But we did hear back from the train engineers, who told us he had been sitting on the central tracks and stood up and walked onto the track with the on-coming 30 mph freight train.  I think it was good to find out, knowing he wasn't passed out or lying down or trying to run away or....

Sometimes details are hard.  Sometimes knowing helps.  But as we drove away, John carefully pointed out good phone poles or the back of signs that would make good graffiti spots. 






3 comments:

Emmalyn said...

I love the graffiti! Roxie and Sam look fantastic. I like background pictures that are pretty! Graffiti max everywhere!

Deb said...

I didn't realize you are still finding out things about Max's death. Thank you for continuing to share. I have only seen one memorial car here and it included a warning to drunk drivers but it had a picture of the girl who was killed on it. They took it off after a while. Ironically it was a distraction to drivers.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing details with us. We can help spread Max graffiti!