Roxie last Friday. She read over 1,500 pages to win this t-shirt in November. She read a LOT more than that!
Sam and his metal projects from school. I told him he could make a bunch of "Babcocks" and "Smiths" and "Demetters" and "Koehlers" and "Greensides" but he says he has to get back to welding in class, not just the metal punch machine (which is very cool). This is his gift to the family he is going down to spend Thanksgiving with, sweet offer that comes with the rides provided and gaming buddy heaven.
John before the baptism he conducted on Saturday, his calling as ward mission leader (video of what he does in his volunteer/lay responsibility at Church) keeps him busy with meetings, not just with the missionaries, but early Sunday mornings, too.
Suzanna, Emmalyn & Dean are all in CA. Stewart is with my parents in Utah. Quiet day here, maybe some skyping, and finishing up some home projects, staying busy, not moping, looking forward, like Luanna's wise counsel to me, instead of dwelling on the past too much or what could have been.
1 comment:
I love your family. Thank you for the update.
Reflecting on the past is normal for us old people. :) If our thoughts are motivating and uplifting I guess it's fine. Seems that thinking about what could have been is a normal part of grieving. Still difficult and saddening. I like the idea of looking forward.
Post a Comment