My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Suzanna is a Missionary! And it is not all about me, this blog...
All photos from Sister Landbeck's companion's mom's blog! They look like they get along well, smiley and huggy. Her companion is a twin, who is also learning Portuguese, but going to Brazil.
I wonder if Suzu can tell them apart? Kind of cool that they are serving at the same time!
Things going well here. I added more to the sobriety trees, some bright oranges that glow in the rainy weather we have been having. As soon as the redbud blooms I will take more photos.
More shots in the back today that should help back pain, and I am doing the sleep study tonight. No lotion, no hairspray, bring my pillow, but not John to hospital. I have a horrible bruise on my hand from IV from last week's colonoscopy. Busy round of tests and medical updating (nothing can make a mammogram a good experience, but I was thankful for it being shorter than I remembered...). Emma turning a quarter of a century same year I make it to a half. I am thankful for good medical attention and expertise.
One of the nurses this morning asked how many children I have--answered her "six" and told her about Emma being a high school chemistry teacher, Stewart in college, Suzanna going to Portugal on a Church mission, Sam a firefighter & welder, and Roxie and her brilliance. "That's five."
And about losing Max last summer to addiction consequences. But bearing testimony simply that I am confident we will see family we have lost. That was what the holiday last weekend was all about, what Easter means to me.
As the nurse shuttled me out to the car in a wheelchair (hospital policy, I was walking fine) she told me how much she had enjoyed our time together this morning. Little Gospel sharing moments. She knows my religious preference (one of the standard questions).
I CANNOT TAKE A NAP, trying to stay awake and busy so the sleep study tonight is accurate...or at least as much as I can make it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thank you for sharing and for this post.
It was fun to read through the sisters blog and see pics of Suzu! Fun for twins to be there at the same time. Suzu looks happy.
Bearing testimonies day to day is important. You are an incredible example. Glad you are taking care of yourself!!!
Beautiful. Thank you. Do you have sleep study results now? Hopefully it was helpful!
Post a Comment