My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Found this while Pinning...
A Lovely Flock blog: My 1st Best Friend
My comment:
Thank you for honest, real writing. I am the mother of a son who struggled with addiction (instead of calling him an addict). We lost him 18 months ago after years of rehab, treatment, program after program, changing the locks, relapse after relapse, endless prayers, counseling & never giving up on him. Reading the sweet early childhood memories you have of your brother was uplifting & a good reminder of what our Maxwell had with his siblings before the drugs. I agree about NOT enabling, but loving and forgiving. Good LDS link quotes, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thank you for sharing this. Heartaching words and also informative.
I still feel the ache of feeling like a spectator, not being able to force action.
It is a comfort to find common experiences online. People who know and teach those who don't. People we can cheer on, share support. Thank you for this.
Post a Comment