We met in 1107 JKHB (Jedi-Knight building at BYU) at a meeting for the desk-top published science fiction and fantasy magazine. I was the marketing director. John got assigned to work on my staff. Good memories, lots of hard work. Eddie Mueller designed the monster head icon on the t-shirts.
This was taken Christmas 1986. We are wearing butterfly-tie dyed "The Leading Edge" shirts (Make the shirts kiss right sides together, then tie with rubberbands and strings. We thought we were being so clever and symbolic!).
We met when he was 17, dated a semester, I flew out to DC to see him over the summer and meet his family, then we dated another semester and both put our mission papers in (I went to Belgium, he went to OK) and wrote letters for two years, got married 2 months after he came home! John wore his shirt every P-day on his mission, and it has faded. Mine is still bright, but doesn't fit like it did!
1 comment:
What a great story! Great picture too.
Post a Comment