Max is officially taller than his older brother, here is the proof. Stewart is still stronger, and his shoulders are beefy from wrestling. Even his neck has noticeable muscles now.
Surprise (for John) date (I asked him out on FACEBOOK!) was me deciding the itinerary. First, to go soak in the hot tub, then 5 Guys for THE best burgers, quick stop at Sears (30% off already clearance Lands End stuff) and Circuit City/Michael's and Target, and then ending at Broom's Bloom Ice Cream (cake batter with Ande's mint=heavenly). We watched a table of teenagers with one girl and 5 guys circling around, but she was only kissing one of them, that we saw. I love people watching.
Today, Sunday, John had the assignment to speak at the servicemen's branch meeting. We went out to the army post (had to sign in with security) to the chapel and were escorted into a classroom. 5 soldiers in their grey uniforms attended. Stewart came and cued the CD player with the correct hymns.
We had Sunday School first (lesson on the Savior, what we thought of Jesus Christ). Then for Sacrament meeting, one tray of water with cups and one tray for the one slice of bread. I wished for a camera at that moment: a soldier kneeling in prayer, using the Priesthood. Another soldier passed the trays. It went quickly--there were only 13 of us, total.
John did well speaking, but he is ever eloquent! Giving a voice of warning talk from General Conference, by President Eyring. Making sure we love, show example, and bear testimony appropriately...
I was asked to give the benediction, the closing prayer, and as I prayed for the soldiers, asking for health, strength and protection for them, and blessings for their families far away, I could feel the love of God for them. I wept as I voiced the prayer, asking for help. Thankful for their service and their sacrifices for me, for this great country. Praying for soldiers and having them praying for me was a great blessing today.
No comments:
Post a Comment