Thursday, February 12, 2009

Once upon a time...

...there were some shelves in a bathroom. Boring white walls matching white tiles matching white floor. Client won my services at a silent auction benefitting the public library.



Client took my advice for basecoat color and to paint the ceiling, fearlessly!


She then wanted an Italian countryside.



But then wanted it lighter, not as dark as I was going, less contrast. And more gold. I ended up using lots of metalic gold to dry paint over everything, knocking down the darks.


Sealed up for heavy bathroom use. A bathroom with a view of Tuscany, sort of. It's those cyprus trees everywhere and the iconic white stucco houses, with red tile roof.

3 comments:

Emmalyn said...

I like the nice bold version. Touch-tuscany is pretty too. That gold looks fun!

Deb said...

I like both, but I LOVE the muted version-- very relaxing view while soaking in the tub. Great job. Shows that color is better!

Jessica L said...

I never tire of telling you how awesome I think you are. I hope you don't get sick of hearing it. :) Love you!