Soft white minkie fabric on the other side, no batting (so technically not a "quilt" but a summer-weight). Love the prairie point edging. And I couldn't leave the name so feintly/faintly (love puns) colored, had to Aunt Jennilyn-it-up a notch!
My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Process
Barbizon is a nylon blend fabric made for creating lingerie and Utah quilts! There used to be a factory in Provo and you could buy pieces. When it closed a friend of mine's grandma bought lots of odds and ends. She gave them to me. They take awhile to sew together, since they are odd sized and sometimes say things like "Sleeve" on them for the soft nightgowns the factory used to make...perfect for baby quilts!






Soft white minkie fabric on the other side, no batting (so technically not a "quilt" but a summer-weight). Love the prairie point edging. And I couldn't leave the name so feintly/faintly (love puns) colored, had to Aunt Jennilyn-it-up a notch!
Soft white minkie fabric on the other side, no batting (so technically not a "quilt" but a summer-weight). Love the prairie point edging. And I couldn't leave the name so feintly/faintly (love puns) colored, had to Aunt Jennilyn-it-up a notch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That looks so nice and soft! Very Pretty!
Quilts made from Barbizon fabric are the best! Childhood just wouldn't be childhood without them. Love it!
Love love love love it! I especially love the edging. You will have to show me how to do those. We need to have a quilting group where we can all learn cool techniques from you. :) I'll bring the cake bites for refreshments!
Those are still Grace and Evelyn's favorite quilts. I should have more babies in order to have more quilts...do you ever make a grown up a baby quilt?
Post a Comment