Friday, April 24, 2009

First Formal

Stewart is 17 and all dressed up (in Grandpa John's tux) for a church sponsored youth formal. No dates, but the kids had to be 16+ to go (so Max isn't quite old enough).

I met John when he was 17. Sobering thought. Who will Stewart meet tonight? What will he feel? What will he remember?



I remember baby Stewart crying. Lots. He had colic, and I didn't know then what my sisters have since discovered: while nursing fussy Babcock babies STOP drinking/eating all milk products, and the baby calms down. A lactose thing? Maybe it would have helped Stewart. He was not happy those first 6 months. The first night he slept through the night we must have conceived Max, since they are so close together in age...people thought they were twins when they were little--two tow headed boys almost the same height!


Stewart is a sober son. Very thoughtful, deep thinker. He really listens to people, watches them. He is very focused and smart. Brilliant. Scored super well on ACT. Wants to work in the sciences. Working on his eagle.


He has a deep chuckle, that is hard to resist once he gets going. I have seen him laughing so hard tears drip down his face. He has a good sense of humor, loves puns like his Grandpa Ken.



He is very serious. From wrestling practice to reading intensely to mastering Rock Band Wii skills, he works hard at everything he does.



I hope he has fun tonight! My Prince-Charming son!

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

Very nice photos of both of you. Good mothering.