Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thrift Store Treasures and Treasured Words


Found some great t-shirts, including Beastie Boys, T-Rex "Free Hugs" and this one for John. Will he still wear it after December?

Sam is in 7th grade. A friend of his from school is coming to the baseball game with us tonight. We had taco salad. Charles said, "I've never had a holy dinner before."

"A holy dinner?" John asked.

(I was thinking maybe he meant we had a blessing on the food. Roxie said a sweet prayer before we ate.)

"Yes, one with a Mormon family, like you guys."

As the conversation continued, Charles told us we were the only Mormons he knows. John listed some other kids from school who go to Church with us.

"Ahh, he doesn't act like a Mormon!" he said.

"What do Mormons act like?" I asked.

"Peaceful, nice, like Sam...not saying mean words..."

Nice to know about your own kid.

3 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Wow, a wonderful tribute to your family and to Sam.

Julie said...

Those indeed are treasured words.

Likely said...

what a sweet littel story. I remember going to a friends house when I was little and her mom told her to say the prayer and I folded my arms and my friend said "rub a dub dub thanks for the grub" and they all said amen and started eating. I quietly said my own prayer in my head. I was kind of in shock...

especially that it was okay by the mom.

you do have such sweet children and roxie says wonderful prayers!