Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Talking About Trees




(photo credit: Pottery Barn Kids)
New client with baby #3 due soon wants a tree silhouette mural in her nursery that matches the PBKids catalog. When they find out gender of baby, they will add appropriate bird house colors. She said they wanted "different shades of green" on SW "Moon Mist" so I think we are talking more about the 2nd tree, but she wants it with solid leaves, not the wallpaper or fabric ones shown.

Has anyone seen a bigger picture of this kind of tree? Any guesses as to what kind it is? (who knows round leaf identification? Missing Grandpa Jack!)

6 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

The leaves remind me of aspen trees or dogwoods. That will be pretty.

Jane Babcock said...

I had to email my comment. It looks like a ficus to me, only with less leaves.

Laura said...

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/pages/tree/
this is a great site to find out what kind of tree it is. My guess after going through their program was a dogwood. You can google dogwood leaves and they look pretty close too. It's a really cute idea.

Lisa Chin said...

Such beautiful trees! I've been contemplating painting a tree in my sewing room and bathroom. I can't wait to see what you end up doing!

Katie said...

I saw this samw add right before I had Lily! This is exactly the same tree I wanted in her room. We recieved a homemade quilt and curtains as a gift so we ended up going in a different direction. BUT one day I WILL have this tree in my house...hahahaha! LOVE it!

Katy B. said...

Oh. My. Goodness! That tree with the birdhouses is simply beautiful. Not sure what kinda tree it is, but I want one immediately in my front yard. :)