Sunday, December 9, 2012

More Favorite Ornaments

The best, most stress-relieving idea for me: giving all my ornaments to our children, dividing them up into boxes labeled with their names. That way, they are in charge of hanging, and later, putting them away. If they don't feel like doing it, I don't force them. Suzanna even did the lights, so I can look at the tree and just enjoy it.

When they all move away from home, I will start a different tradition...


5 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Good tradition, also the tradition of starting traditions is good.

Emmalyn said...

A green/blue tree this year? Pretty.

Michele B. said...

My hubbies mom did that. She gave me the box with Adrian's name on it that first year of marriage, and it was full of ornaments that she had saved since he was a baby. I still use a lot of those ornaments after 19 years of marriage.

BobandLu said...

I like that idea! I loved Bob and the kids being in charge of decorating the tree this year. It is good to be able to sit back and enjoy!

BobandLu said...

I like that idea! I loved Bob and the kids being in charge of decorating the tree this year. It is good to be able to sit back and enjoy!