Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dr visits & Hair Guy

Officially I have Tennis Elbow.  Well, really "Hammer" elbow.  I was hammering with gusto early June, hurt myself by overdoing it, then held a heavy baby to sleep, increased the inflammation...then had an allergy attack and was put on prednisone (which helped the elbow) and then went on Pioneer Trek, did too much.  For the last 3 weeks I have been sleeping with an ice pack and unable to lift anything heavy.  Saw the doctor finally Wednesday and I am back on steroids and Physical Therapy.  And I am pain-free at the moment.  Wonderful.  Typing doesn't help...
Painting is out right now.  Cleaning.  Lifting weights with right hand...I need to get the inflammation down and get better.  The therapist showed me things to do on our Utah trip, even in the car.  I go in tomorrow 6am for 2nd round of ultrasound, electrical stim, ice, heat massage, etc.
 
Sam needed a physical before High Adventure Scout camp, so he went in today.  There was a time when he was shorter than this carousel horse in the waiting room.  He is just shy of 6 feet today, 5'11 1/2 inches barefoot.  The doctor pointed out stretch marks on his back from growing so quickly (just like pregnant women get on their tummies, but horizontal across back).

 

Haircut day for me, thank you Michael Harrington. Yes, he is accepting new clients.  Love it when I tell him to do whatever he wants, and he just plays, and I walk out happy.  A 17 year old young woman told me Sunday that I "rock" my short hair.  Made me feel good.
 

4 comments:

BobandLu said...

I love that super short hair on you! I agree with the 17 year old compliment.

Deb said...

I empathize with the elbow. I'm glad you are currently pain free.

That's interesting about Sam's growing. Tall!

I like your hair too. Great for traveling I'm sure. It'll be nice to see you soon.

Emmalyn said...

I hope it is a non-stressful drive and when you are here we will have relaxing fun!

Hair looks great :)

Dean said there was a point in jr high where he was growing a cm a month. Sam is going to be so tall! He looks good and healthy.

Emmalyn said...

Did you paint your bathroom again? It looks very very red in this picture :)