I can start in the morning with a painting project and using primer and still get two-three coats of paint applied and clean up all in one day. Project finished. No patience needed. Immediate gratification. Instant beauty. Quick clean, fast smooth, wonderful-looking glory.
Proof I'd rather repaint than sand. How many colors has this door been? When we bought this home 6 years ago the back kitchen door was scratched up, barn red paint over moldy wood. I cleaned it, primed it hot pink (I had two colors of primer, hot pink and bright turquoise that year), painted it khaki beige to match garage/living room and then tried a dark dark teal that read as black from a distance, then a bright mint that last almost three years.It is an architectural dig, peeling back layers of color.
And it is sloooooooow going. Scrape. Scrape. Sand. Reapply spray-on paint remover. Scrape. Scrape.
I finally cleaned up the wood, but it still needs more sanding, hopefully with a borrowed power tool. Or maybe bleaching to get rid of past stains. And then a protective clear coat of polyurethane. Then it will be back to its original 1950 retro glory days!http://orangeismyfavoritecolormostdays.blogspot.com/
4 comments:
Looking forward to seeing the after pictures. I'm also curious. Why did you decide not to just paint over it again?
The green brown rusty look is kind of cool. Maybe not on a door, but on a canvas.
That is a lot of paint! Fun to go through time backwards.
Looks like a Good solid wood door, ...how did it turn out?
Post a Comment