How do you explain how much you love a sibling? We had moments growing up when it wasn't nice. I was older, meaner, more competitive, bossier. The broken arm is NOT my fault. The barbie doll that broke when I hit it over her head, yeah, I'll take credit for that one now. I distinctly remember a year in seminary when the song from "Gates of Zion" pierced me to my soul: "Why do I hurt you..." were the lyrics. It made me realize that I needed to be nicer to my sister.
Today it is easy to be nice. We are both adults, have families. Our husbands like to hang out together. Daughters that went off to college at the same time. We have more in common with each other than I have with other friends. We are experiencing some of the same things even though we live hours away.
I look forward to sister gatherings, when we giggle and eat and watch chick flicks and talk about memories and future. It is easy to relax and just be me with my sister. I know she knows who I am. She knows my weaknesses and the things I am working on. No pretense. No impressing. Just being.
She has a talent for writing. Someday you will see her work in print, guaranteed. Come to me for autographed personalized copies of your future favorite novel.
She has a talent for parties, making up fun games and themes that stretch to cover every detail.
She has a talent for teaching. I listened to a relief society lesson she gave that taught me things I still live by.
She has a talent for perserverance. I am not saying she is stubborn, but the Scottish non-intimidated fiesty heritage we have is strong in her.
HERE is the famous future author picture! I was ready to be done for the day, but wanted you to see how beautiful she is.
1 comment:
What a sweet gift! It brought tears to my eyes and my heart. How important it is to me that my children love each other.
Post a Comment