Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two YEARS ago Quilt Show

 

This was my big controversial-wild quilt at the last Flying Geese Quilt show in 2006. My hair is almost this long again. I have no where to hang this one, so it is folded up on a shelf. Not enough walls in our home. I do rotate things.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

I'm so glad you are doing this. I love the photo of the two Jennilyns and the quilt and the you Jennilyn. I hadn't heard that the quilt was controversial. I guess people controvert over a lot of things that would be easier to love.

Likely said...

why was it controversial? Haven't I seen you wear that dress in the picture? I like your hair in the pic! Do it like that for church :)

Jennilyn said...

Ahh, the controversy: I do weird things in the name of art. I used lots of pastel chalks, paint, and spray paint (through a lace tablecloth) on this, but it was mostly the things I wrote. I was brutally honest, inked how much I weigh, my strengths and my weaknesses, personal history stuff, how I met John, testimony in glaring truth. It drew a lot of attention. I talked about angels and FBI testing on LDS agents. I stood nearby and listened to women arguing about whether or not something like that should be allowed in a show, how brazen it was. Shocking. The dress I have never worn, never could--it was a size 2 from C-Mart super sale, tons of sequins and beads. I sliced it up and the front and the sides and back to make it just fit one outline side of me (John drew around my body on a sheet to get the outline. It tickled. Good date activity!).