Friday, January 9, 2009

Green Painting unveiled!

(See fabric inspiration from blog January 3rd)

I started out with silver and white paint, copying the flower motifs from the fabric onto the wall...



And then I couldn't stop putting a little bit of color in, just a little...






Downstairs, same background paint (it looks different in east facing nursery and west kitchen). The font is from freefonts.com and called "Scooby Doo" and looked fun, young. Emma helped me choose between the many options I had pulled. Love playing with fonts!

10 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

beautiful!

Deb said...

Ooohhh, I love it! You did an excellent job. One of my favorites.

Emmalyn said...

I never saw the downstairs end pictures- I like it! That'll make such a huge difference.

I still think the baby's room is so cool! I'd live there!

What did Seth think?

Jennilyn said...

Did not do the one darker wall that I talked to you about, stayed the same color and put tone on tone (polyurethane) polka dots on backspalsh around sink and countertops. Silver painted names. We had Seth over to dinner and he was profuse in his thanks. Told us he had taken photos and emailed them to his wife, so safe to post! He told us about his painting career that didn't last long, and he knows how much work I put into the project. I reassured him that it wouldn't make me feel bad if they wanted to paint over anything and how fun it was to just play with color on blank walls!

Emmalyn said...

It looks great! I'm glad they like it.

Likely said...

Phew! That was a big project! Were the vine-y type parts your idea or was that an instruction? I don't remember that in the fabric. You did a great job copying those flowers. Did you free hand those or project them?

BobandLu said...

So nice! I'm getting itchy to play on walls. I must finish trimming project first It's hard to finish projects when I get excited about the possibility of new ones.
Do you have any "the way to get it done" advice?

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Good job! That must have been fun.

Jess and Jason said...

That is beautiful! You never cease to amaze me. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Caitlin said...

Jennilyn! You are so amazing! What talent you have! I'm glad you love color so much! I love you and miss you! (I hope you don't mind, I added you to my blog....www.chilericana.blogspot.com)