Monday, January 5, 2009

This is my Re-Birth Day! 35 years ago today I was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.






















I remember my grandparents coming down from Napa, CA to visit us in San Jose. I remember my mom braiding my hair tightly and my dad holding down the end of the braid near my waist to keep it from floating up out of the water. I remember sitting in the circle of Priesthood men with their hands heavy on my head and feeling warm and good and safe and loved as the Gift of the Holy Ghost was confirmed, given to me.

Good memories. Good feelings. I was raised by goodly parents. Three siblings are yet to be born into this family portrait (taken up at Timp Lodge near Sundance, Utah).

Emma, check out my oj shoes! And the orange stripes on my jeans!

I don't have a picture of my when I was 8 years old in the computer--maybe a hard copy in an old album that I still need to scan in. Luanna is the baby so I must be at least 12 in this picture?

RESOLVED: take lots and lots of family portraits, in lots of moods, many places. Candid, formal, relaxed, real, silly, serious, too.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I remember this picture! I was in my Donny Osmond phase so for our family picture my mom made me a purple jumpsuit!

Jane Babcock said...

Good memories. One of these days soon I will have to start the photo project and see what I can find.

Jane Babcock said...

Becca needs to be invited to view your post again. It blocks her.

Emmalyn said...

I love those orange shoes! I am so grateful you are not one afraid of color, but rather share it brightly!