Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mascots mean nothing to me...




This is only funny if you grew up in a home where tv sports were not worshipped. I admit I am ignorant, unlearned about sports teams.

I learned about mascots in middle school (we were Bulldogs in Bettendorf and then I moved and turned into a Highland Ram). I have no team loyalty. I enjoy watching soccer if Bro-in-law-Bob is explaining what I am seeing. I love watching wrestling now--GO EAGLES!

But I know nothing and I am easily confused. Navy vs. Army? Same difference?

My client wanted ARMY and PA EAGLES, (plus jerseys and soccer and football and a request to sneak in a local color Raven) painted in her boys' bathroom. Her kids are really into the teams. They go out of their way before games, painting big signs with "GO ARMY" and hanging them on pro-Navy-neighbors' homes and sidewalk chalking up their driveways.

I mis-heard and prepared NAVY, a charging goat mascot. Very different from the Black Knights. Different colors and everything. I am glad we talked before I started painting. I got it in email writing. It would not have been funny discovering my error after painting all day...

4 comments:

Jessica L said...

That would have been hilarious. Priceless picture of the kids' faces. :) Although a very unhappy customer, I'm sure. Beautiful job though in any case. And I'm with you on the mascots. What's the difference between a raven or an eagle? I don't know. :)

Emmalyn said...

Not my favorite of the rooms you have done... I love everything you do and would love to live in most places.

But I'm with you on mascots... *shrugs* I don't get it.

Impressive job nonetheless!

Deb said...

I think you did a really good job with these. I'm not sure I like their background colors, but the things you painted look great.

BobandLu said...

I like what Bob has been able to teach me about several different sports and about the rivalries that make games more important to win and exciting. To get to know players and have a reason to cheer for them is fun too. Different for me. You would have loved watching the Superbowl here. It was fun especially having "our team" there. It's hard to not be a Steelers fan here.