Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rule of Twos (kissing)

(Christine Jepsen's photo of Cupid at the Louvre! I visit taught her at BYU. Stayed in touch with Christmas cards but facebook helps us see current photos! You youth don't know how good you have it, the networking and easy connecting. Please don't begrudge us our over-enthusiasm for using the forum. Max finally admitted he is realted to me--today on facebook.)

(I love parenthetical phrases.)

The youth went to hear Elder Lynn G. Robbins of the Quorum of the 70 speak last night at a regional fireside. This morning I asked them what they had learned.

Stay out of the kitchen.

Do not eat the chocolate chip cookie.

Memories matter.

Chemistry is powerful. (This all related to a great cookie metaphor he used throughout his talk, "it is easier to avoid than resist temptation" theme.)

He also taught them to remember the Rule of Twos in Dating: date in groups/double dating; only 2 kisses for less than 2 seconds total.

Then we started Scripture Mastery signs (not true ASL, but with some take-off from everything).

Moroni 10:4-5 is blowing a trumpet, like the angel Moroni on top of the LDS temples.

1 Nephi 3:7 is "DO" in sign language-which looks a little like the Monster Dance move (I had them sing with me through "I am a Child of God" until we got to the chorus and I could remember what I had taught the nursery kids on "teach me all that I must DO...").

My favorite was the feasting "foot-long-sub for $5" sign StevenS showed us and DevinK's dramatic Super Hero pose for put off the natural man-enemy to God-become saintly verse.

I will have to record them doing it, when we get through all 25. They said it reminded them of a crazy dance. Hmmmm. Yeessssss! Good way to learn using kinetic intelligence.

Amusing, light-hearted, fun morning with more discussion than we've had so far.

No comments: