Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Few Favorite Things

One morning we saw an educational schooner while walking with Mom & Dad. Didn't get a picture, but the crew on board gave us a brochure--seriously interesting opportunity for high school/college children. Fun to read their blog and see the difference between being a "traveller" and a "tourist."
We met a woman photographer who has a blog (Mom, what is her site?) who lives on this destination wedding island with her husband & family.

Coral I gathered but DID NOT take home.
My favorite/scariest thing?
Check out the great ORANGE on information docents at Lu's race. Madras plaid with orange is traditional St. Thomas pattern!
(I did buy this dress from thrift store--Hazel wore it around my house all day yesterday.)
Papaya from Mom & Dad's landlord's yard. Wonderful, smooth & rich taste.
Pissaro's Birthplace. Rubble Fill building method, crazy brick and coral and everything cemented with molasses/sand/lime.

6 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Wedding photographer's blog:
www.elishaorin.com

Love your posts!

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Those are cool, neat things. I really enjoyed looking at them! I'd love to see that other blog you were referring to (about the travelers). My brother had a pet iguana that was as large as the one in your pictures. He was creepy, but I got to be familiar with him and would scratch his head and help pull his shedding spikes off.

BobandLu said...

Thanks for the link mom, and thank you for more pics of our trip.

Victoria said...

I think you will like this: Pantone's prediction for the color the year.... ORANGE! Yes, it is supposed to start cropping up everywhere. I love the orange madras. Check out this post from one of my friends: http://yournestdesign.blogspot.com/2012/01/color-of-year-2012-and-color-question.html

Lisa Chin said...

Beautiful!

Lisa Chin said...

OH, and why didn't you take the coral home? Is it illegal? It is so beautiful and would look wonderful in a glass jar.