Monday, April 22, 2013

Take MORE Couple Photos, As You Are

I had an art teacher, Brother Joe Bennion, who assigned the class to create 100 mugs.  And then smash them.  Because those first 100 would be predictable, boring.  The 101st and 102nd would start getting interesting. 
Other art teachers would insist on thumbnails before starting the final drawing/painting, at least 20, so you get thinking of different options, not just the first composition that pops in your head...
Taking consistent photos of the same subject changes how you see the subject.

(Yesterday)
We have hundreds of couple photos.  Many, many more than I have blogged.  Most of them are John holding his long arms in front of us, aiming for our heads.  Some of the photos are of his ear, and we have to redo.  Sometimes we used the timer.  Sometimes one of our children would come help us.

When he lost his job for 18 months, I blogged and photo coupled to keep me feeling united with him.  It was a way to pose, snuggle, show our solidarity visually.  It started out just for me, to keep myself from being angry or feeling too worried about what would happen to us--if I could stand by him and smile, things would be okay.  It turned into something I looked forward to, especially as the couple file increased.   Good memories, fun images.
We have gotten out of the habit since that intense 18 month trial and photo-taking side activity.  But it is something I want to try and weekly update.  Start again.  Return to, redo, remind, remember.

My strong advice:  don't wait for the perfect moment, outfit, body-weight, haircut, health status.  Take a picture today of you and yours.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I love the idea of not waiting for perfect.

Jane Babcock said...

Maybe today

landbeck said...

I guess that means we need to take a picture this afternoon!

BobandLu said...

Funny to read this today. Bob and I had the perfect outfits today and I got the photo & put it on our blog. I have loved seeing your great couple photos.