Small change. See the before above, after below:
My husband shows he loves me by understanding how important it is to me to change things in a quiet house. Some things are really hard to do if there are people in the rooms. Or interruptions of family meals and you have to clean up before you are finished...
So for a gift he took all the kids on a working vacation and gave me The Empty House, time to play. I didn't get the ceiling painted yet with SW "Tansy Green" but that is next on my redecorating list. Trying for a blue/teal/green + black & white room, so the pink is going to all be edited out.
And here is my big reveal secret for perfect 1 inch border:
I used "clearance" over the hill birthday crepe paper from Target. I made sure it was bleed-proof first, then folded in half, cut center fold out so I had two long stips of perfectly-sized paper. Use a small paint brush to brush on regular white school glue, use fingers to press crepe paper down, stretching a little if you want it smooth (you would be suprised at how strong crepe paper is when pulled) but my walls are textured plaster so the bumps blend.
Table was made by bleaching table top, using white glue as a mask and painting the glue on with my favorite phrases and words from The Family: A Proclamation to the World. Restaining table (white glue stayed on long enough to keep stain from getting on masqued out letters, but dissolved, wiped off as I removed stain). Finish with your choice of polyurethane coating. I tried, and failed at putting on a perfect resin finish. Learned a lot in the process, should have kept with what I knew=polyurethane. Resin has a learning curve. Someday I will sand and restart, but I made this 13 years ago, and we keep using it as is.
2 comments:
I love that stripes!!
It's interesting how the stripes make that edge show up. Cool.
Post a Comment