Two Christmases ago John & I bought a tent for our family. We "practiced" sleeping in the same room, all of us with kids under the Christmas tree. Summer came & went without us even getting the tent out of the box.
It has been a rough year of working, getting Max stable & healthy, busy schedules, and we just haven't gone camping together. Yet.
I have fun childhood memories of camping: the Badlands, SD, Mississipi Palisades, Illinois, and somewhere in California surrounded by redwoods...
Our honeymoon included a quick, sleepy trip to Zion's National Park in a two-just-us tent. I really thought we would be hearty campers as our children came along.
But that was before Crohn's Disease symptoms (I thought they were just part of being pregnant) and soft toilet paper & conveniences of home made me less outdoorsy for entertainment.
John & Sam went to father & sons campout, tried it out at home so they could set it up in dark on mountain side...and ended up sleeping in cabins!
But this summer we are going to try again!
3 comments:
You can always think of it as as good emergency equipment.
Camping would be fun! Cool tent!
Great idea. We are considering buying a bigger tent. We have one that will sleep just 4 snugly. The father & son's camp is this weekend & Bob is going to take them all!
Post a Comment