Daycare home spotted on way to visit Max: horizontal siding stripes.
Open gate in middle of bridge... The sister missionaries came by Wednesday (both from out west) and we laughed about the "dead trees" look of Maryland winters. But the lighting Saturday from 4:00-5 pm was beautiful. Loved the sky, the clouds, the shadows...
I took over 700 pictures on way home, just pointing out my passenger window. A few keepers. We weren't allowed to take any photos inside the re-hab where our son is staying. He looks calm, sedated (medicated). Should have brought him more treat food (nothing homemade allowed). He was wearing one of his Boychoir t-shirts. He thanked us for the 11 books we brought him to read. He read Grandpa's letter and a copy of Sam's letter to the senator. He is still struggling with the 12-step program-getting hung up on acknowledging help needed from a Greater Power. He doesn't like to ask for help, and he is still not sure how to mesh his incredible drug-induced "spiritual" experiences with reality, still nostalgic for the certainty he felt from delusions and adamant that he doesn't believe the Mormon story. He is says he lied to us about quitting smoking because he doesn't want to disappoint us again. He doesn't feel like he has anything in common with all the other people being treated there. Scary-sad, for me. There is nothing I can do but love him, pray for him, visit him, write to him. Can't change him. Can't love him sober.
8 comments:
I like your hair cut.
It is good that you are continually supportive and loving with Max. I hope this rehab helps him. How long will he be there?
I like seeing the world through your eyes! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the update on Max. It's good to hear about him even if it's hard/sad. Love you!
LOVE the haircut.
So sorry about Max' struggles. You are so supportive and he will appreciate it all someday.
Your post is a reminder of how little we know of each other's struggles, either yours or Max's. Life is really complicated. Terrible and wonderful. I love you.
Rough times. I'm sorry that it's hard.
I love your hair! It's beautiful.
Tonight for FHE, we wrote letters; I wrote a letter to Max, and one of my friends saw, and asked if she could write one to him as well. Max will get two letters this week: one from me and one from my friend!
I'm sorry Jenni.... Max is blessed to have your love. Love you all.
Good to see pics. I think of max often in regards to different students. Keep loving. Some battles we can't fight for someone else.
Post a Comment