We are snowed in, school cancelled, work cancelled. I am in sewing room ripping apart pillowcases to make skirts (I will photograph) and watched "Temple Grandin" starring Claire Danes. "Autism gave her a vision. She gave it a voice." Great story. This is quoted from wikipedia page about film:
Grandin is the focus of a semi-biographical HBO film, entitled Temple Grandin,[24][25] starring Claire Danes as Grandin.[26]
The movie was released in 2010, was nominated for 15 Emmys, and
received five awards, including Outstanding Made for Television Movie
and Best Actress in a Drama.[27] Grandin was on stage as the award was accepted, and she spoke briefly to the audience. Coincidentally, the 2010 Emmy Awards happened on Grandin's birthday. At the 2011 Golden Globes, Claire Danes won a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television.
Temple goes on my list of heroes! And for everyone else tomorrow:
(Not original, but loving this photo of pillow, linked from Flavor Paper wallpaper)

3 comments:
Olive juice, two
I will have to look it up! Jealous of snow days. But also not jealous of trying to teach cram things!
I've been wondering how you're doing with the wacky weather! Cool pillow! I'm glad the Temple Grandin movie is good. I've been wanting to see it.
Post a Comment