Monday, July 7, 2014

Utah Trip-favorite pictures, more to come...

I had been looking for the artist of this picture of CHRIST:  http://www.jeffhein.com/painting-history-scripture#3  FOUND THE ARTIST!  78x42 inch original, so the one in DC is larger than original.

Sibling hug at Aunt Becca & (soon to be officially) Uncle Chris home.
Painting from 1990 when I was a new mom-student-artist at BYU, in collection of Deborah Koehler. I was surprised at  how it brought back the emotions of being a new mom, the confusion, the love, the "cuteness" and the unending soberness of caring for the health of a newborn.  Rabbits were my favorite animal growing up.
John on his history-photo tour; one of his many, many jobs while we were starving students with children...
John, Sam, and Roxie waiting for me to finish looking at paintings at the BYU museum of art.
Current quilt show, downstairs at same museum:
What do you think???





5 comments:

Suzu said...

bwahahha I love the flying pizza!

Deb said...

I'm glad you took and shared these pictures. Luanna told me about the angel quilt. She went and saw it yesterday.

Deb said...

Sorry, I meant angel painting. I'm also glad you found out the artist of the painting of Christ. Lu really did see an H!

landbeck said...

I could have sat and looked at that angel picture for another hour. Next year?

Emmalyn said...

I'm glad you found the artist! Happy happy.

I love the sibling picture. And happy news!

It has been fun to go back through pictures and sorting through all the pictures I took.

I really like the picture of Dad, Sam, & RJ laying down on the bench at the MoA! Bah!