Suzanna and her daddy. I was impressed with their matching foreheads.
As I have driven around this morning MSB song "Long for the Promised Land" came on, and I played it over, and over, and over, loving the song. Remembering Max singing in so many concerts. Glad for the good music, the soul-stirring uplift.
I finally went grocery shopping, and as I was putting away lettuce, found a mushy decomposed cucumber in the fridge hiding behind the celery. THAT is what happens when you are spoiled by neighbors cooking sympathy meals for weeks. We have been blessed with a huge outpouring of love, support.
Three separate invitations to lunch this week by sweet friends.
I bore my testimony Sunday in Church. Once a month the congregation is invited to take turns, if they desire, and share what is in their hearts up at the podium/microphone. I talked about how the Sunday morning when we found out about Max's death, as we were calling and informing family, my mom bore her testimony to me about the Atonement, how it matters, and I felt the strong desire to put my shoes on and go to Church, right then. John didn't want to let me go alone, and we walked in right as the Bishop was announcing the news about Max. We found an empty pew about half way in the middle of the chapel, and then sang "Come, Come Ye Saints" for the opening hymn. We were both crying, stayed through the sacrament and the first two talks and the Watt family singing "Teach Me To Walk in the Light" and then we left to come home to be with family.
I talked about the things I know are true, and real, and how I need to live like the Atonement is real. Christ is resurrected, and I have a real hope that we will be, too, and that our family can be together forever.
I have felt very strongly how important it is for us to keep reading scriptures together, to keep praying every night as a family. And to understand how much the scriptures help me now, the strength I feel from the seminary scripture mastery 100 to memorize!
3 comments:
I am glad you bore your testimony! Great picture of dad and suzu. I am very glad we have a ward family support. And friends who take care of you. Love you!
Praying for you, my friend.
I love this photo & your testimony & your family. We think of you all the time.
Post a Comment