Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Be-Attitudes

So, more quilts for the show. This one still needs the binding around the edge completed, but I had to have photos submitted by next Monday for them to be entered into the show. I am in a small group of quilters, The Cotton Club, who like to do traditional, very OLD-fashioned stuff, not my favorite. We made and exchanged the 9-patches seen in this quilt, around the borders. The pink and gold center I made for me, with the intention of appliquing something on top, but wasn't sure what. The crazy Jane Sassaman and orange fabric made the boring 9 patches tolerable for me, and then the square in a squares (another Cotton Club exchange) around the last border are framed with some Amy Butler fabric, a nice breezy blue.

"Fire and Ice, Be Nice" I know it says "Be Kind" but that is just what the title is. Just because I made it up and thought of this quilt with that title as I quilted it on the magic long arm machine. I love the contrast of cool and warm colors, traditional and crazy modern. This quilt fits perfectly on our bed. It is thick and heavy for winter dreaming.

I finished my term as president of The Flying Geese Quilt Guild and received this wonderful Irish Chain, made by many of the 204 members. Love the brights and reds. Spicy Kathy quilted it with flowers and bound it in a cow black and white fabric. Love it! All the headaches and meetings and politics were almost worth the two years of work to get a thank you quilt like this! She told the guild members about my old tomato red master bedroom! Now I have a "Luanna" blue bedroom and a red, red bathroom and dinning room. I think I rotate favorite colors...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Likely said...

hey there again! I am loving your quilt pictures! How fun. You've been busy.

Just a indulgent personal request - choose size large when you upload your pictures. I want to see all the detail possible!

you inspire me :)

Likely said...

oh, and I think you would like sharon furner's blog. I love the way she writes and thinks.

http://sharonfurner.blogspot.com

BobandLu said...

I love how you "save" quilts. I also love the way that blue and red look together. In my new blue kitchen I have a bright red step stool chair. I wish I were Olivia sized and it could be my chair.

Deb said...

It's great to see pictures of your quilts. I'm really glad you started this blog.

Deb