Thursday, August 14, 2008

I learned that I can export photos from Picassa to the BLOG. Sounds like THE BLOB! Great horrible film!

So the youngest are first, and the oldest are last. Six is a lot. I used to hate it when I took them all to the grocery store (years ago, I have learned better) and sympathetic people would say, "Boy, you sure have your hands full!" Usually it was when I was shopping hungry, chasing the kids down the aisles if I couldn't stuff them in the cart, comparing prices, pulling the cardboard cube of butter out of the baby's mouth (one of them actually chewed through the container, had butter smeared all over his cute little face by the time I got to the check out stand). I would think of clever comebacks, much later, lying in bed and wishing I had said something like, "Yes, would you like to give a hand to help?" or "Full hands, full heart." Anything. But I would just smile, or grimace, depending on the day. Now, when I see a mom like I was then I never, ever say the hands full comment. I will offer to help, reach something for her, hold the door for her stroller, whatever I can. I've been there. I know.

They are so grown up now. I have survived my baby-growing years. Next phase: surviving teenagers. Not just living through it, but getting there with my mind and heart intact, and theirs!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Our kids!

1 comment:

BobandLu said...

Great to see updated pictures of your kids! Great to see you too, Jenni with quilt on post below. I love love pictures. You're a good looking bunch.