Faux-finished tray ceilings, vines, and damask pattern. I love painting ceilings--it becomes a 5th wall to decorate in the room. I heard once (Debbie Travis or Christopher Lowell quote?) that leaving the ceiling white is like a slip showing below a skirt. If white is part of your decorating scheme, that is different. But neglect is a choice, and forgetting about that wonderful ceiling surface is sad!
My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Mural-ceilings don't need to be plain!
Faux-finished tray ceilings, vines, and damask pattern. I love painting ceilings--it becomes a 5th wall to decorate in the room. I heard once (Debbie Travis or Christopher Lowell quote?) that leaving the ceiling white is like a slip showing below a skirt. If white is part of your decorating scheme, that is different. But neglect is a choice, and forgetting about that wonderful ceiling surface is sad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How did you do the damask? I was wanting to do a damask design on my master bathroom ceiling in a pearly/slightly shimmery paint but I never got around to it. Also couldn't find a stencil for it but it doesn't look like you used a stencil. Maybe once I'm in my next house...
Hmmm, you know some of my trade secrets, but because it is a ceiling I ended up freehanding most of the repeats. I wanted it big and bold and the ceiling was textured to complicate it. I do have some good stencil resources if you want to go that route, or cut your own, or you could hire me! Barter for your fashion shopping expertise! We can wait until your next house and my next exercised body size!
Post a Comment