Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This quilt, "Bi Polar" will be publically shown October 18-19, 2008. You are getting a preview.

I believe that making art about real things in your life can be helpful, clarifying your feelings, communicating thoughts, and a way to understand what is going on inside yourself and in your world... We now have a family history that includes Bi Polar Disorder. And I need to know the symptoms, what to watch out for in my children. Not to scare them, but to be aware, to know. Making this quilt helped me commit them to memory.


Dear Mr. Eaton,

I am a quilter in Maryland. I was dong a google image search for polar bears, and saw your drawing. I am interested in using it for a quilt on bipolar disorder and wondered if you would give permission? I would not be selling the quilt--just showing it, and personal use. Giving you design credit. I could photograph it and send you a copy of finished product...I have a brother recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and wanted to make an educational quilt, listing the symptoms, triggers, how to help. Our family is famous for our pun-humor, and it takes the edge off of the terribleness of this brain disease. I will not move forward until I hear back yes or no from you on using your bears.Thank you, Jennilyn

Hello Jennilyn, Thanks so much for writing me to ask permission. I'm sorry that I'm just getting back to you now. It would be fine for you to use my polar bear image on the quilt. I'm glad that you like it. And I would love to see a picture of it when you're done. I'm sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis, but it sure sounds like he has a loving and supportive family right there behind him all the way. Best, Maxwell Eaton III
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Deb said...

Hi,

This quilt turned out great! I would love to read the fine print. Let us know what the polar bear artist thinks of it.

Deb

Jane Babcock said...

I will have to get Steven on your blog. Your Bi polar is like a gift to him. I hope it is an image that will stay with him forever.

love your quilts and you

Jennilyn said...

This IS a gift for Steven, a birthday surprise--not so surprising now!

Maxwell Eaton did write back, loved it, wished our family the best. Nice to have positive feedback from collaberation. Jennilyn

Patti Jones said...

Thanks for sharing your BI POLAR quilt with me. Your caring heart is reflected in your art work, both on fabric and canvas!
love ya
Patti