Sunday, November 2, 2008

Outer Space room

Start with a cute nephew, daddy bedtime stories with a specific theme (see Roger's link to Jack and Firebolt stories), a blank canvas (well, the base coat Award Blue by Behr paint, done by his mom) and a weekend of painting!


I am showing you some process pictures, during the job here...








This is to show Deb what I did with the window screen I pulled out of garbage curbside free pile in New York: turned it into a door office with fabric pockets.



I painted this chair for Deb.

5 comments:

Emmalyn said...

Cool awesome room Mom!

You are amazing!

Jane Babcock said...

Different sense of the room with with different pictures. I can see how you said it was a small room.

I love the door office idea.

And the chair.

Good job. jobs.

Deb said...

I hadn't seen the screen. Great idea!

Thanks for more pictures. You definitely have a nicer camera and that makes a difference.

Thanks again!

Deb said...

Oh! And you all just have to come at night and see the glow-in-the-dark effects!

BobandLu said...

The drawing I feel confident doing, but I'm not a practiced painter. I love what you do.
The screen idea is a great one. I love the fabric you used.