The Primary children sang today in Church--they did a great job! I was so impressed with their hard work to learn the songs.
This week we have an activity day for the Primary children--and I get a whole half hour to sing with them, teach them new songs! First up is the Preamble to the Constitution, using School House Rock's version of "We the people..." The bishop gave us permission to do it on an activity day--and this is the first one we've had. I feel strongly about teaching the children about being a patriot, loving this country, knowing what we stand for, what we believe in as Americans.
The emphasis will be on being thankful and patriotism. Have you heard Wakko from Animaniacs singing the capitols and states? Sung to "Turkey in the Straw" so it is perfect! Also thinking about first verse of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and "Over the River and Through the Woods" all 60 lines of it! Ambitious line up of songs, I know. But these kids are so good! Smart, good singers, fun to be with!
This photo is back in the other primaries. Primary colors, primary daughter! primary elections, Primary kids at Church. All my primary concerns and loves!
4 comments:
You were incredible at church today. I have had so many compliments about how well you do, how talented you are, how amazing you are with the kids.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you!
The children were amazing, thanks to you. I loved seeing you conduct with so much energy and enthusiasm. It is so easy to see how much you love them and how much you put into your calling. Thank you!!
I'm sorry I missed it! It sounds like it was great! I always loved the Primary program.
You are amazing mom!
It was great Jennilyn. I'm going to miss working with you. It seems like every time we get together (I get to be your visiting teacher; you get called to lead the music, I play; I move to FH) we only get a few months and then get separated. :) At least I get your awesome influence for a few months at a time. Thanks for being such a great inspiration. I loved watching you with the kids. Your testimony of the importance of music is what helps them learn and love the music as much as you do.
Post a Comment