(Roxie photographer, Sat pm before stake activity)
We left before the dancing ever started. 8:30 pm I was exhausted, felt my social skills dwindling rapidly. We made a smooth exit during the applause for one of the program numbers (and felt bad that we missed Peter Paul and Mary).
BEST. CUPCAKES. EVER. Peach Pit's mom made spice cake + pumpkin with oj frosting=perfect! She says no oil, no eggs, just 2 ingredients. Usually I lick off the frosting and give the cupcake to John. But I ate the whole thing of this one!
Favorite part of "New Moon" was an oil painting coming to life, the shadows and highlights on the faces merging into real life moving film. Nice touch.
Second was the cliff jumping shot, camera following the jumper up and following his dive up and arching into the water below. The spiralling camera stuff back to back would have been more effective with some additional editing (I'm volunteering for the job). Better than the first film, but too many yawn moments and weird awful pausing. Staring is not acting. A good book to film adaptation needs Peter Jackson. More visual storytelling. Tighter editing. And more. Not just scenes, unless they are montaged and given to the audience faster. Much faster.
Third, was Bella's green dress and Alice's red leather gloves.
Fourth, Victoria's cool vampire moves.
But this is not a recommendation. I'll wait for all the films to be made and watch them with a fast forward button.
It was fun being out with popcorn sharing friends. Waving down the row to familiar faces! That part was fun! I learned that KatieW is super loyal, stayed with me to watch the end credits (I have to see who the gaffer is and where it was really filmed).
But my favorite date is still John. I am thankful to start and end my days with him, my best friend.
3 comments:
We leave early from events too! Life is much more interesting at home.
Love, Dad
When the first movie came out a friend of a friend had rented out a theater and sold the tickets. It was a lot of fun to see the movie with people I knew but wouldn't necessarily end up at the movies with. I would like to see the second movie but think I will wait until it hits the dollar theater. I would be right there waiting with you til the end. I like reading credits. My husband likes to leave immediately and I have to make him wait. ;)
I always LOVE to hear what other people like about movies. So funny, I didn't even notice Alice's red gloves...when she was driving the Porsche? I enjoyed leaning over and seeing you at the other end of the row!
Post a Comment