Monday, November 2, 2009

Now & Then

Hallway leading to the bedrooms, wall space to the left of the bathroom door. Quilt is by a sub-group of The Flying Geese Quilt Guild, the old small group "Niners." I gave them the words to "I am a Child of God" and "Turn the Hearts of the Children" with my color theme fabric of peach/green/purple stripes and each member made me a strip only 20 inches wide, per my request. The quilt is over 75 inches tall, perfect for a narrow wall space like this.

Our engagement picture, taken by Alan Wood, SLC. I have bangs again!

3 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Beautiful quilt. Who made the Landbeck crochet filigree? Nice work!

Jane Babcock said...

You do nice Photoshop work! You are still a cute couple.
Love, Dad/Ken

Jennilyn said...

I did the crochet. Mom's sister, Laurie Palmer, taught me how. I have made so many of them, and forgotten who I have given them to--one of my most awkward embarassing moments was walking into John's uncle's home, admiring a similar crocheted "Landbeck" and asking where they got it. From me. Oops. Funny to admire your own stuff out loud? I can teach you how, or make you one!