Sunday, September 18, 2011

Art on Every Floor of This Home!

Do you know where in the world this is?  Is it recognizable?  I spent 6 hours painting this scene...
I love to see the finished mural with furniture in place!
Before:  Downstairs Powder Room.  Dark Marine Blue on far wall, beige wall opposite toilet & sink.  This is the view when you walk in (with my chalk mark calculations in place).
Notice the circle doorstop?  Sometimes it makes best sense to paint right over things and make them invisible.
After:  Tulum, Mexico, Mayan ruins near the ocean.  This family's heritage is south of the border, and they wanted something to tie in with the pool in their backyard.

View from the door as you walk in.  Not so claustrophobic as it was!
Fun couple of days painting!

6 comments:

Deb said...

It took me a while to find the door stop. Awesome!

Jane Babcock said...

You should have a bathroom portfolio. Very nice.

Rachel said...

Beautiful!

John said...

I like seeing the work in context...the bed in the picture now completes it for me. Although each of these things stands on its own as something fun to look at, I don't always get the sense of it being part of someone's home. Of course, you are always fully aware of the surrounding furnishings and colors because you are in the middle of the room. Anyway...nice work!

Jessica L said...

I've been there! You were right on. Love you're work!

BobandLu said...

I could copy what John wrote. It's great!