What do you do when you have an unplanned weekend, nothing on the calendar? We decided to go down to Kensington/Bethesda area, to the temple. We try and go once a month. And somehow we hadn't put a date on the calendar for September. I knew it would be harder next weekend, and the following weeks I am painting for clients out of town. This was it. We left by 6:30 am so the children wouldn't be alone too long. They didn't even miss us. I am a relaxed passenger as long as I have crochet to concentrate on doing. As cars drove crazy-fast past us, John told me about the Grand Prix going on downtown Baltimore. 
We parked next to a car with this sticker in the window! This is where our oldest son is serving a full time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Flowers outside were beautiful. Saw a couple of wedding parties coming out. Lots of happy people!
We need to schedule an October trip. Make it happen. On purpose. Planning is good.
2 comments:
Oh how we miss the temple. Last week I gave two temple lessons to help prepare our missionary for the experience of going to the temple.
I was there Saturday morning from 8AM to about 12:30PM. I was an "escort" for Matthew, Awetash's son, who is leaving for his mission in Africa in a couple weeks. I was wondering if you were in the temple!
Post a Comment